Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Dear Diary,

So here we are at Daisy's Diary. How did I come up with the name, you ask. Being a country girl, daisy's were the flowers at my wedding along with ivy. Anyone who knows me, knows I love my ivy, you should see my kitchen. So can you guess my colors? Right, yellow and green. Then many years later, I was given the nickname Daisy by my boss and co-workers which was from a "daisy" sun-dress with little yellow jacket that I wore that day. Well, the nickname stuck and to this day, some of my co-workers still call me daisy including my current boss. I even get calls from those who no longer work with me and say, "Is this daisy?". It has come to be a term of endearment. I even have a daisy tatoo and a daisy license plate on the front of my car. As for diary, I kept a diary for many years as a child which turned into many journals from which I have derived many a story to pass onto my children and now my grandchildren. Computers have definitely made it easier to document my stories, memories, my thoughts and feelings. This should be fun!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Hi, Daisy! Now I get to read YOUR diary! Hahaha! I'm looking forward to reading your posts, even though we talk... like everyday! Love you Mom! Oh- and you might want to change your comments settings so that anonymous people can leave comments.

Phil said...

Hey! there's no lock on this diary!
I just walked in and opened it up.
Anyway, good job. I look forward to reading and commenting on everything.

Darlene said...

Yes I will have to be careful what I put in my "public" diary won't I. Punky, see what you have started (hehehe)